Roasted Crockpot Chicken
I try to have a rotisserie chicken in my fridge at all times during the week. It has been a lifesaver for me when I didn't plan ahead or am just in need of a quick, healthy snack. When I don't have time to roast my own, I grab one from Sam's Club. Here are some of my favorite ways to use my chicken:
1) Grilled chicken wraps on low-carb tortilla with tomato, honey mustard and lettuce.
2) Add chopped chicken to a salad. I like to keep shredded cabbage and chopped lettuce in my fridge for quick salads.
3) Add chopped chicken to my omelette.
4) Throw some into a can of soup with white beans for a quick meal.
5) Sautee with onions and top my spaghetti squash.
5) Eat a few slices wrapped in lettuce, avocado and tomato.
Here's a new recipe for you to try!
How to Roast a Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot
1 (4 lb) whole chicken, insides removed and washed/patted dry
Spray with olive oil spray or rub a little olive oil over chicken
1/2 TB of paprika
2 TB all purpose seasoning ( like Mrs. dash BUT look for gluten free)
1/2 TB garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1. Start by mixing together paprika, all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
2. Place 4 medium-sized foil balls in bottom of crock pot. This will act as a stand to prevent the chicken from drying out.
NOTE: You can also use large 2 inch chunks of root vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, turnips) instead of foil for your chicken stand. Then when chicken is done, you ALSO have flavorful veggies too!
3. Rub seasoning over your entire chicken (including the inside of the bird). Place on top of foil balls. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 – 4 1/2 hours, or LOW for 6 1/2 – 8 hours.
Serve with some roasted veggies!
As you can see, there are many ways to add in some chicken for a quick meal or snack!